Membership in PSRI requires dues payment. Although you can “register” for post updates, until the dues are paid the membership is not complete.
Membership is open to anyone who is interested in the art and practice of photography and is available either as a single ($40 per year) or family ($50 per year). For qualified students the membership fee is $15 per year and is available only by contacting the membership chair. The membership dues and the payment process are determined by the board of directors. In order to benefit from membership privileges, members must be current with their dues payment.
Membership dues are payable any time which will cover 365 days from the date of the payment. Expired membership must be renewed in order to retain the member standing and membership privileges. Only dues paying members have access to members only portions of the Web site, benefit from product discounts, participate in competitions, and other benefits as defined by the board of directors.
If you are interested in becoming a member, please read the following which explains the process of registering and purchasing the type of membership that you would like. For more questions, contact email@example.com.
How to become a member for the first time
All members, new or renewing, must have an account created online.
- If you are becoming a new member you need to create an account on the Registration page. When you register, you will choose a user ID and a password, and provide your basic information. Please fill in all the fields, this information is not shared with other members and only the board may have access to it for some administrative purposes. (Menu: Membership/Registration)
- After your registration is complete, you can change any part of your information anytime you like by logging in and editing your profile. (Menu: Membership/Login then Membership/Edit Profile)
- After you login, you will be able to visit “Pay Dues” page which is visible only after a successful login. You will see the two standard membership options there, Family Membership and Single Membership. The Student Membership will only be available by providing a proof of eligibility and the payment to the membership chair. (Menu: Membership/Pay Dues)
- Choose the membership type you would like to purchase, it will add it to your cart which will appear below the items.
- You have the option of paying using PayPal, which we very much prefer, or manual payment which will require that you write a check payable to The Photographic Society of RI and deliver it to the treasurer or the membership chair. You do not need to have a PayPal account, you can use your credit card even without an account at PayPal.
- Upon payment, your status will automatically change to reflect the membership you purchased. If you pay via PayPal, your membership will start right away. If you pay with a check, you will not access the members only pages until your check is received and your membership is manually activated.
There are a couple of important points to know and keep in mind:
- In a family membership one member makes the family member purchase and for the second member to have full access to the site we will manually update his or her record
- Membership is valid for one year FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE
- When the membership period expires you will be able to login and purchase the appropriate membership you need which will immediately extend your membership for another year
Contact membership chairperson using the following form if you have a question.