The Digital Entry Form can be found HERE.
PSRI holds five competitions in one season, see Calendar page for competition and login dates. Please read the rules carefully. The digital rules have been revised significantly as digital categories have been rearranged and the names and qualifications for all digital categories have been revised. To enter any PSRI competition you must be a member.
- Prints (Color, Black & White) Please read the print rules before submitting prints.
- A maximum of two slides can be entered per competition.
- Slides must be in 2″x 2″ mounts. Cardboard, plastic or glass mounts are acceptable. (Note: Slides mounted in glass must be removed from the cardboard or plastic mount to fit in the projector.)
- Make a “thumb-spot” (solid circle) in the lower left corner of the slide mount.
- Write the following on the slide mount:
Title (titles are preferred, but not mandatory; if your slide is untitled, please identify it with a number.}
- Digital Images Please read the digital rules before submitting images
- Any image that places 1st, 2nd or 3rd in a regular PSRI competition is retired and can never be entered in a PSRI competition category (digital, slide, or print) again. However, a winning slide could be entered as a print or a winning print may be entered as a slide.
- Prints or slides can only be entered once in a category in any competition year. This means that an image entered in the digital Open category cannot be entered in the digital Nature or Wildlife competition in the same competition year.
- If you miss a competition, you can make it up at the next competition. You can only do this once a year and only at the next competition.
- An image that receives a 1st, 2nd, or 3rd place ribbon, or receives a score of 30, will be eligible for the image of the year competition held at the end of the PSRI season.
- Division classes are as follows:
- Slides: Competes in 1 class.
- Color Prints: Competes in 2 classes (B, A). Prints can be processed by the maker or commercially processed in a lab.
- Black & White Prints: Has only one class and can be printed in a conventional darkroom, or digitally using a computer. Prints can be processed by the maker or commercially processed in a lab. No selective coloring is allowed; however, a single color toned print, i.e., sepia, is acceptable.
- There is one Digital Image category, with 3 classes (AA, A, B). Any digitally processed image may be submitted in accordance with the Digital Imaging rules above.
- You can advance to the next class by receiving the most points in your division or by winning four ribbons (1st, 2nd or 3rd place) in one year.
- If you wish to move into a higher or lower division voluntarily, consult with the appropriate Chairperson before the first competition of the year.
- How to submit your entries: Entries will be accepted on the log-in meeting night prior to the competition. If you need to make other arrangements, contact the print or slide chairperson. Digital images must be submitted using the online entry form, and must be submitted before midnight of the Log In night (see calendar). For print and slide submissions, a fillable and printable competition entry form is available.